Monday, August 15, 2011

Too Much of Nothing

I love fashion, I love dressing cute, and I always try to look my best. Ironically, I absolutely hate shopping. It's too hard for me because there's so many things I want or that I feel like I need and it cost money which makes it difficult to choose . When I shop, this is what I'm thinking:
"Ooh this is cute ! ..nope
..cost too much"
..I have something like that"
..too plain"
..everybody wears it"
..I've got too much of this color"
..do I really need this?"
..will this go with most of my clothes?"


The pictures above are of my closets. I use two because I have so much stuff but then at the same time I feel like I'm missing something.

I have stacks and stacks of shoes and wear like three pairs regularly.
Right now I'm stressed, shopping online for shoes because I feel like I need more when really I probably don't.

So many clothes but every once in a while I dont have enough of something---jeans, shirts, jackets, sweaters, colors, prints. Then when I shop I'll buy what I've been complaining I don't have just to come back and feel like now I dont have enough of something else.

Purses are what bug me the most. I'm not much of a purse person because I'm more about my outfit. I have about only ten but I'll wear one specific purse for a couple of months, switching it up every once in a while. It irritates me when people say, " you need a new purse" , "how long have you had that purse?" ," when are you going to get another one?". Truth is, I already have purses and a few of them still have a tag on them. Then again when I want another purse, I'll buy a new one instead of wearing one I've already got.

At this point, I'm going to try and break this habit. I can't exactly throw things away because I do wear most of the stuff but very rarely. I just bought more clothes saturday and today I'm buying shoes. To make it easier on my self, I'm only buying items that I know won't just sit around which so far came down to one pair of shoes. During the next months I'll be forced to wear things that I already have.

Everyone has clothes, shoes, and accesories that they havn't worn. For people like me, sometimes all of the stuff becomes overwhelming, and it gets annoying when we shop. Do you feel like this sometimes? How do you go about it?
For my shopaholics, How do you shop? and what are your pet peeves about shopping, if any?

2 comments:

  1. My problem is that I shop way too much- although I've had to cut back recently because I've been extra poor! I think I need to stop making so many impulse buys and think harder about each purchase I make- quality over quantity!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly ! That's my problem too..I realized I did the same thing and i would buy things and not want them anymore by time I got home so now I take my time and it causes too much thinking which is fustrating.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ! Please post whatever is on your mind and any opinions about this post. Thank you for viewing.